add code

Monday 7 February 2011

Christina Aguilera fluffs national anthem at the Super Bowl!


Christina Aguilera has issued an apology after she sang a wrong a line of US national anthem, ‘The Star-Spangled Banner' at last night's Super Bowl.

Instead of singing ‘O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming' she repeated an earlier line - ‘What so proudly we watched at the twilight's last gleaming.'
The anthem is a trademark speciality at the glittering superbowl event.
Reports have suggested that the singer copied the lyrics from user-generated online encyclopedia, Wikipedia as a mistake was on the website, which has since been fixed by a user, it matched her incorrect version after her error was picked up by several commentators,fans and social networking site users, 
Aguilera aplogises,
"I got so caught up in the moment of the song that I lost my place," she said. "I can only hope that everyone could feel my love for this country and that the true spirit of its anthem still came through."

Aguilera had previously said that the opprtunity to sing at the Super Bowl was a "dream come true", adding: "I have been performing the anthem since I was seven-years-old."

No comments:

Post a Comment